The Cyprus Badminton Federation is the governing body for badminton in Cyprus and is seeking to employ a:
- National Coach – Full Time
to work with the Elite players of the Cyprus Badminton Federation and the selected younger player groups of the National Teams, beginning on the 1st of September 2021.
The coach is required to create and implement a programme that provides optimal conditions for Elite Players as well as for younger national team player groups to develop their skills in order to compete at the highest level in Europe both at the individual, as well as at the team level.
- To produce long-term programmes that effectively raise the standard of elite badminton in Cyprus and effectively develop young talent.
- To produce measurable and progressive success in the performance of the Elite players in Team Cyprus as well as the younger Players of the National Team groups
- To work in a constructive way with Club coaches (most of which are volunteer coaches) and with coaches of the Athletic School to find the best possible development program for national team as well as club players and to assist and support the development programs of Cyprus badminton clubs.
- To educate local coaches and contribute to the development of practises and to upgrade the skills of coaches in Cyprus.
- To produce and run a general plan with innovative structures that will help the development of Badminton in regions of the island that the sport is not organised.
General Profile and Experience Requirements
- Communication skills in Greek (the native language) and / or English
- Coaching qualifications equivalent to BWF Level 2
- A minimum of 3 years, verifiable, experience with players performing successfully on international level.
- Experience with High Performance Planning, Long Term goal setting, implementation, evaluation and adjustments of plans.
- Highly motivated to develop players towards European Success.
- Willing to work irregular hours, including weekends and travelling to events.
- Goal orientated with clear views on how to achieve them.
Specific Profile Requirements
- The candidate should have a good playing ability in order to demonstrate skills and to transfer them to the Players of the national teams and to local coaches. It would be an advantage if the candidate has a strong sparring level.
- Can demonstrate good knowledge of the latest developments in modern badminton.
- Knowledge of human and financial resources management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team with athletes, coaches and administrators.
- Work by seeking agreement and commitment but can make tough decisions in order to improve players and to achieve the overall High Performance and Talent Development Policy Plan of the Cyprus Badminton Federation.
- Good knowledge of physical training methods as they relate to badminton players of different age groups
- IT skills – Use of word and Excel as well as sending and receiving emails.
Other features important for the job
- Capable of working with all badminton disciplines.
- Ability to motivate and inspire.
- Ability to reflect on positive and negative feedback from players and colleagues
- Shows passion for the sport
- Strong anti-doping stance
- Current clean Criminal Records
- Ability to travel freely throughout Europe
It is an advantage, but not a necessity, for applicants to have a PE Teachers diploma
The contract for the job will run for period of 2 years with possibilty to extend another 2 years (Olympic Cycle).
A suitable salary will be offered, according to Cyprus standards. An apartment will also be provided for international coaches moving to Cyprus.
Interested applicants are invited to send a written application and a detailed CV by email to the Secretary of the Cyprus Badminton Federation before Wednesday, June 30 2021. If more information is required please contact the Secretary, at the email: email@example.com
Short listed candidates may be asked to travel to Cyprus for final interviews and work with Players of the national teams.